About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What is Your Story?


What is your story? We all have a story that we tell ourselves over and over through our lifetime. It could be a story about the bad child hood you had, or a story about how you never have any money. It might be a story that you are not talented, or possibly a story that you won't ever be successful because you don't have a good education. Whatever your story is...you might want to take a look at it, and see if your story is what is holding you back.



I have had a story that I have told much of my life. My story has to do with my childhood. I have used this story to justify why I have held myself back in my life. I have used it to justify why my relationships failed, and I have used it to justify just about all of my dysfunction in my life.






The fact that my childhood was non supportive and dysfunctional had nothing to do with me. I had the choice to not be a victim of it, but instead I made the choice, unconsciously, to let it be the reason why I have struggled and made bad choices in my life. My circumstance was not personal to me, but I chose to take it all personally.


No one ever told me I could think differently. No one told me that what happened to me was not about me. In fact, no one ever spoke about anything that had to do with my experience growing up. That is why I write this blog, so that others can look at their life, and see that they too have the choice to get rid of their story, and stop taking everything that happens to them personally. They too can make the choice today to stop being a victim of their circumstance, thoughts, and actions.



There is small percentage of the population that has the discipline and focus to create the life they want. Everyone "talks" about what they want, but few do what it takes to get it. This is where your "story" helps to support why you are not doing what you need to do to get what you want in this life. Your story allows you to be the victim, but that will never get you what you want. It will just keep you stuck in your belief that something outside of you has control over what you can and can not do in your life.



I suggest that you make a new story for yourself. If your story is about your childhood, begin by telling yourself that your experience has made you stronger. Tell yourself that none of it was personal. Believe that your childhood experience was needed to go on and do the work you will do to become successful. Turn it all around, and think of it in a positive light, instead of seeing it as the reason you can fail.

If your story is about never having enough money to live the life you would like, change your story to one of success and abundance. Believe that you will have wonderful opportunities to create wealth, regardless of your past. Tell a new story about how you are going to create the business you want, or the education you want, or whatever it is that your dream about doing. Tell that story from now on, and soon you will believe that more than the one about lack. Belief is powerful.




Whatever your story is, if you use it to justify why you can't be and do what you want in life, change it. Stop telling your negative story to yourself, or anyone else. Let it go, change your beliefs, and tell a story that is how you want your life to be. Telling your old, tired, sad, story, will never benefit you in any way. Telling yourself and others a new, positive, exciting, story of how great your life will be, will benefit you. Put action, discipline, and focus to your words, and you will never fail.





Till Monday,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment