About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Discipline; The key to Success


Discipline is a word that has dropped from many peoples vocabulary. Many of us do not want to apply the effort it takes to get the results we want out of life. If you want to be successful at anything, you need to be "disciplined".

Harry S. Truman stated, "In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory that they won was over themselves...self discipline with all of them came first."

Another quote by Jim Rohn, "We must all suffer one of two things; the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment."

There is an old Icelandic proverb that states, "He who lives without discipline, dies without honor."

Without discipline your life will be without direction. If you want to get into a good college, but you are not disciplined to do your school work, that college will not accept you. If you want to get into shape and lose some body fat, but you do not want to eat healthy and exercise, you will not reach your fitness goals.

Discipline is what separates successful people from those who are not. You can't just sit around and wish and hope your life will change, you must be disciplined enough to create that change.

Getting what you want out of life is not without hard work, discipline, and focus. You may have to give up some of the things that you love to do in order to get what you want. Discipline is something that used to be common sense, but now seems to have been forgotten, dropped from the English language.

Without applying discipline to my life, I would not be the independent person that I have become. There are many times I do not want to work, but being disciplined is what helps me to do it.

Being disciplined keeps me healthy. I work out regularly because I am disciplined, not because I always want to. Although working out is one of my favorite things to do, I sometimes feel lazy and would rather not. That is when discipline comes into play.

If you apply discipline to anything you want to accomplish, it will most likely come into fruition. It is key in any successful outcome. Practice being disciplined and good things will happen for you.


Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment