About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Prioritizing Your Time


There are many days that I wish there were more hours to the day, but then if I did, I would just fill them up, and wish for more. Prioritizing your time can make the difference in being productive or wasting your time.




When you are figuring out what you need to get done in a day, and don't forget to schedule in your exercise, meditation, and healthy meals, make sure you are prioritizing what is important. If you have goals such as going to college, finding a job, losing weight and getting into shape, you must schedule in the things that will help you to achieve those goals.





You can talk about what you want till the day you die, but if you do not prioritize your time with the actions that will secure success in your goals, they will never happen.




Have you ever said to yourself, "Oh, I will do it tomorrow", and then tomorrow comes and you push it into the next day or next week? We have all done that, and I hate to say it, but I have done that a lot in my life. I wish I could do a "do over" in much of my life. I would act more, and talk less.




As I have said many times, life goes by in a flash. One minute you think you have all the time in the world to do the things that you want, and the next minute you are staring out of the eyes of a fifty year old wondering how you got there so fast.




Procrastination is not prioritizing. That is about fear or laziness. Procrastination will never be a benefit to you, it will just slow you down and delay what ever it is that you are wanting to get done. Whenever I have procrastinated on doing something, once I got it done, I realized that it wasn't half the monster I had made it out to be.



So when you are planning your day, think about what it is that is the most important way to spend your time. What are the things that will get you to where you want to be. Now obviously there will be days, and there should be days, that you are not focused on a schedule. But, on the days that you need to focus and be productive, make sure you are prioritizing for success.




I am going to be writing my blog on Mondays and Thursdays as I go forward. I am prioritizing my time to include another writing project. I have written 187 blogs that are packed full of information on health for your mind, body, and spirit. I hope that you take some time to review all of this information on the days that I am not blogging. Happy reading!




Till Thursday,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment