About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Being Grateful for the Day!


Today was one of those days that I felt so grateful for. My current G.P.S. for Total Health class is ending on Thursday, and I asked the girls to write a letter of thanks and gratitude to the people who had sponsored them into the course.

I told them to include in the letter what they learned and gained from the class. They brought their letters to me today, and as I read them my heart filled with gratitude.

These girls are bright, beautiful, unique, and full of potential. Each and every one of them has so much to offer to this world, and I know they will succeed at what ever they want to do.

They know how to choose foods now, and which foods are not good choices. Before taking this class they weren't sure why we need certain types of foods and why we need to stay away from others. Now they can make educated healthy choices. Knowledge is POWER!
They also learned why they should do cardiovascular exercise, and why it is important to know your heart rate while doing it. They understand the different ways they can achieve cardiovascular conditioning, and that cross training is important.

I trained them with weights, exercise balls, and core strength to give them a well rounded strength training program. They saw results, and I saw them get stronger and have perfect form while training....they saw muscles happening!


We did stretching and yoga each session. Now they had a variety of ways to stay flexible, while understanding the importance of being flexible.

They learned that they could control their thoughts and emotions to benefit themselves. We are always in control of our thoughts and emotions, we just aren't conscious of it. Knowing that they can be in conscious control of them was very empowering and freeing for them.

We meditated each session and I was so happy to know that these girls GOT IT!! They learned how to de-stress, and control their mind chatter. That in itself was fabulous. Had I known about meditation and controlling my thoughts and mind chatter, I would have had less personal torture in my life.

These girls are lovely and have given me credit for so much....but I have to say as much as they got out of our time together, I got ten fold. I have no greater joy then to help educate these wonderful young women in taking care of their bodies, minds, and souls. They are precious to me and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be a mentor to them.

I am so thankful to my clients and friends that sponsored these young ladies, without them it wouldn't have been possible. Thank you my dear friends!

So I am grateful for today, and this incredible experience that I have been given! Find what it is you are grateful for and dwell on it! You will be healthier for it.

Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment