About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Working With Positive Affirmations and Positive Thinking


Most of us have heard of the practice of using "positive affirmations" or "thinking positive" as a way to change your life for the better. I do believe that being positive in thought makes a big difference in how we live our lives. I do not believe that is all you have to do though. Thinking positively is a great thing, but taking positive action needs to accompany your positive thinking.


There have been many studies that prove positive affirmations work. For instance, if you are up to bat at a ball game and you say to yourself "I can hit this ball", you most likely will. If you tell yourself that you will not hit the ball, you most likely won't hit it.



This positive thinking can be applied to just about everything that you do. When you hear someone say, "I will never be able to lose this weight", I would bet that that person will never be able to lose their weight.


If they say "I will be able to lose this weight", then I would feel very confident that is exactly what will happen. It really comes down to the belief system in a person that makes things happen, and their conversation will reflect what it is they believe, which will create what will happen.


You can practice positive affirmations even when you do not believe them. For instance, if you say to yourself "I am a very successful person", but your life is not reflecting that and your belief system does not match up to that, saying it over and over will begin to change your belief system, and then life will change to match your affirmation.

How many negative things do you tell yourself daily? If you are like most people, negative thoughts run ramped through their minds all day long. Do you know of anyone who is negative most of the time, but has a positive life? Most negative people live lives that are filled with negative things. Well, being positive works in the same way, you will have more positive things in your life.


Practice being aware of your thoughts and if they are negative, shift them to a positive affirmation. Once again we are talking about mindfulness. Being aware of what you are thinking and how you are acting. Thinking positively will help you to feel better no matter what is going on. Feeling better is always a good thing.


Being in positive thought is a practice, particularly if you are used to having negative thoughts. Keep practicing positive thoughts every day until it becomes your norm. I used to think negative, fearful thoughts most of the time. Years ago I began to work with mindfulness and switching my thoughts from fear and negativity, to more positive, uplifting thoughts. It was not easy at first, but as time went by, it became normal for me.


Now when I slip back into a negative, fearful, thought, I am uncomfortable and become conscious of what I am doing. Before this practice, I wasn't even aware of all the negative thoughts I was having. Remember that we have approximately 60,000 thoughts going through our minds each day. It is better to have those thoughts be positive if you want to feel good and experience life in a better way.



So practice your positive affirmations and positive thoughts everyday. This will help to make your life more fulfilling and happy, I promise you that!



Till Monday,
Queenie

1 comment:

  1. Hi,



    You've got a really nice weblog. To become a successful individual the essential factor would be to have positive thinking. Take pleasure in Sky Rocketing Achievement with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Create Positive Thinking So You are able to Do away with Anxiety From the Life, Enhance Your Self-Confidence and Plan Yourself For Lifetime Accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete