About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grief and Loss


Today is one of those difficult days for me. I just got a phone call that the two people that I stayed with in Birmingham, have died in a plane crash. I am simply shocked and horrified at this loss for their family, friends, and loved ones.

I only knew them for a few days, but they were the loveliest, kindest, most generous, people that I have ever met. It just does not make any sense that they are no longer here.

So today's blog is going to be short and to the point. I am going out for a meditation walk, and commune with nature to try and grasp what has happened. This is where faith becomes my ally.

Life is constantly changing. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Be appreciative of every moment, and tell the people who are important to you, that they are loved and cherished.

You will be remembered for "Who" you are, not "What" you have. I will always remember my two new friends from Birmingham as the loving, kind, and wonderful people that opened their home and hearts to a woman from California.


I will never forget them.

Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment