About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Wisdom About Kindness


I thought I would leave you this weekend with some interesting quotes about kindness. These come from people who are wise and understand the power of kindness. As the saying goes...."You get more Bee's with Honey!".


Albert Schweitzer remarked, "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun melts the ice, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate."

Amelia Earhart; "No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind act leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does, is make others kind themselves."

This is one that I have had to learn, "There is always a way to be honest, without being brutal." By Arthur Dobrin

Charles Kuralt; "The everyday kindness of the back roads, more than makes up for the greed in the headlines."

I love this one by Ella Wheeler Wilcox, "So many Gods, so many creeds, so many paths that wind and wind, while just the art of being kind, is all the sad world needs."

Harold Kushner stated, "When you carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling inside. It is if something inside your body says, yes, this is how I am supposed to feel." I have experienced that many times myself.

Henry James; "There are three things in human life that are important. The first to be kind. The second to be kind. The third to be kind."


Mother Theresa; "Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless."

Love this one by Pearl S. Buck, "I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and angels."

Philo; "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle." That is so true!

Tenzin Gyatso the 14th Dalai Lama; "When we feel love and kindness for others, it not only makes others feel love and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace."

So those are some wise quotes to leave you with for the weekend. Being kind is being wise. Watch your world change when you begin and end your day with kind thoughts and actions to any who cross your path. Your soul will thrive!


Till Monday,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment