About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Negatives of Eating Sugar


I have written about this subject before, but it is something that needs to be talked about over and over so you can understand the importance of getting sugar out of your daily diet.

White refined sugar is one of the worst things that you can put into your body. It effects every organ in a negative way. Sugar has no positive effect on your health and well being.


The best way to satisfy your sweet tooth is to do it with fruit. Fruit has so many healthy things in it, and the natural fruit sugar is not harmful to you unless you have candida, or diabetes. Then you would want to limit your intake of any kind of sugar.

Refined sugar can suppress your immune system. That in itself is bad, but there are many other harmful things that sugar does to your health, like upsetting your mineral balance, raising your cholesterol, and reducing your defense against bacterial infections.

Sugar reduces the elasticity of your skin, causes chromium deficiency, causes a copper deficiency, and interferes with your calcium and magnesium absorption.


Eating too much sugar can lead to hypoglycemia, can weaken your eye sight, cause an acidic digestive system, can cause premature aging, and tooth decay.

Sugar is a leading cause of obesity, gallstones, appendicitis, cardiovascular disease, food allergies, high blood pressure, decreases growth hormone, and contributes to diabetes.


There have been many studies done on children and sugar. Children can have hyperactivity, anxiety, and mood swings from too much sugar. There learning capabilities are lessened, as well as their ability to focus. It can also cause a rapid rise in their adrenal levels.

Sugar has also been studied in relationship to cancer, and their are many scientists that believe it is a leading cause of many different types of this disease. Ovarian and prostate are two types of cancer that research has proven can be effected by sugar.

I could go on and on about the evils of sugar, but I think you have got the point. If you eat it daily, or eat large amounts of sugar and want to be healthy, best to stop having it in your diet.


I have battled the sugar addiction for my whole life. As a child I was aloud to eat as much of it as I wanted. There were no restrictions. Consequently I have spent a lot of time at the dentist. I have through the years cut way down on the amount that I eat. I feel much better when I do not have sugar in my diet.

It is a drug though, and is very addictive. Just like any drug, you need to have discipline and strength to stay off of it. The more it is out of your system, the more toxic it feels when you put it back in. It actually makes me feel sick now if I have more than a little taste of something with sugar in it.

Losing weight is so much easier without sugar in your diet. You will feel better, look better, and be healthier for it!


Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment