About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Working on a Dream


I have a dream that I am able to develop my G.P.S. for Total Health program to a place where I can reach thousands of girls. Up until now I have only been able to teach six girls at time, due to my limited space and financial support.


My dream is to have a venue that makes the program available to many more teens than I could ever reach teaching it at the level that I do now. One day my daughter was visiting, and I casually said, "You know, I need a television show so that I could give this information to a bigger audience." I said we should look on the Oprah web site, and see what she was up to.

As I opened the site it said in big, bold, letters, "Do you want your own T.V. show?" Well that was interesting! Of course I logged in and began the process to audition for Oprah's new network immediately.


Anyone who wanted to audition had to make a video, no longer than three minutes. That sounded easy. Ha! When you are not used to talking to a camera, it is a little unnerving at first. My daughter helped me video, and a friends step son, helped me edit it.


This video talks about how I would like to have a show spot lighting my program and the teen girls who would be in the show with me. I have great ideas for all of the episodes.


So what I would like anyone to do that is reading this blog, is to go onto the Oprah "Own Network" website, and search the new show videos for "Queenie" in the health and wellness category. If you like it, please vote for it, and if you would like leave a comment about it, please feel free to do so.



It is a dream I am working on and this is just one thing I am doing to try and make it happen. I hope you like it, and thank you for taking the time to take a look at it.


Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment