About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Your Feelings and Gut Instinct is Your Guidance System


Have you ever noticed when you do something that is wrong or say something hurtful to someone, you will probably not feel good inside. Your feelings are your barometer to how you should be acting. Many of us do not pay a lot of attention to those feelings however.


Some people refer to it as your gut feelings, or your intuition. I have had many situations in my life where I have ignored my gut instinct, or pushed aside my feelings to continue doing something that I should not have done. Trouble always followed in those situations.


When we are mean, selfish, rude, or dishonest, most of us feel bad inside, but ignore that feeling so we don't have to be responsible for our behavior. For instance, have you ever said something mean to someone, even if they deserved it, but felt crummy after the fact? These feelings are our internal guidance to help us to choose better.

Most people that are mean and rude, really do not feel good about themselves, so they want others to feel as bad as they do. They say nasty things, act rudely, and try to make others feel horrible like they do. I am positive that they never feel good inside even when they are successful in ruining other peoples day. These type of people are just miserable all of the time, and want others to join them in misery.

If you paid attention to your inner feelings and follow your gut instinct, I guarantee you that you will have a lot less trouble and bad situations in your life. Following these inner feelings will help you to make better choices for a better outcome in what ever it is that you are doing.

Many times we feel that we have to be rude or mean right back to someone if they are rude or mean to us. We don't. It is always better to take the high road and respond with nothing, or say something neutral like, "I am sorry that you feel so bad about yourself, that you need to make others feel bad too." Then walk away. This way you will not engage in their bad behavior.

If your gut instinct tells you not to go somewhere, or not to be with someone, best to follow it. It is there for a reason, to help you stay out of trouble and keep you safe. I wish I could turn back the clock and redo the times that I ignored my inner voice. I would have saved myself a ton of heartache and trouble.

So if your stomach is upset or the voice in your head is saying don't do it, or don't go there, it is always a good idea to listen. Many times we still want to do, say, or go, to whatever our gut is telling us not to, so we ignore it only to end up with a bad situation. There is no going back after you have ignored your gut.

Get in tuned with your inner voice and how you are feeling when it comes to your gut instinct. It is a great barometer if you should proceed or not. Pay attention to it and you will save yourself from a lot of pain and sorrow.

Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment