About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Remembering to be Grateful


I have written about gratitude several times in this blog, but wanted to give you a reminder about it today. We can not forget about gratitude if we want our lives to be fulfilling.



Many of us focus solely on what it is in our lives that is wrong or bad. We can talk for days about our injustices and all that goes on in our lives that is negative. But, how often do you go on and on about the things in your life that you can be grateful for?

That conversation is usually short if it happens at all for most of us. No matter what is happening in your life that feels bad or traumatic, there is always something to be grateful for. I do not want to diminish anyone's situation that might be dealing with a horrible situation, I just want to point our that you can still find something to be grateful for.

For instance, if you live in a house with fresh running hot and cold water, you are better off than "millions" of people that live on this planet.


If you have a refrigerator that has food in it, you are better off than millions of people who live on this planet.

If you practice a religion of your own choosing without having your life threatened, you are better off than millions of people who life on this planet.


If you have a wallet that has some money in it, you are better off than millions of people who live on this planet.


If you have a job and are earning money, you are better off than millions of people who live on this planet.

If you are able to go into a grocery store where there is an endless choice of foods to buy, you are better off than millions of people who live on this planet.


If you are reading this blog, you are better off than millions of people who do not have access to a computer who live on this planet.

If you are healthy and are not subjected to malaria or the aids virus, you are better off than millions of people on this planet.


Those are just a few of the things that you can be grateful for no matter what it is you are going through in your life. It always feels better when we can dwell on what is good in our life, than focus on what it is that is not good.


There is never a day that goes by that I am not grateful for what I have. Even though I do not have much as far as assets and money goes, I have my health, a wonderful place to live, incredibly supportive loving friends and family, and I get to do what I love to do. I am extremely lucky, and I acknowledge that numerous times in a day.


So if you are having a hard time or going through something difficult, stop and take note of all that you do have that is good in your life. You will feel better for it, and that is always a good thing!


Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment