About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Its All About Belief


I have come to the conclusion that belief is the most powerful thing that creates our life. It is the "belief" of something that makes it come to fruition. Many times we believe things that are not always positive, such as, "I am ugly", "I am stupid", or "I am a loser".




Many times our beliefs are not correct, but the fact that we believe them makes them seem true. If you believe you will fail a test, you most likely will fail. If you believe you won't succeed at something, odds are you won't. On the other hand, if you believe you will pass the test and succeed at whatever it is that you are doing, then that will probably be the outcome.




My brother and I were talking yesterday about how we were raised as children. We did not have positive support from our parents. We were not told uplifting things to help us to feel good about ourselves, instead we were ridiculed and made to feel stupid and worthless.




This became our belief system. Both of us, now in our fifties, still battle the belief that we can succeed at life. Even though we have lived on our own for most of our lives, that belief that we were not good enough, or less than, still lingers in our daily lives years later. A belief that is made when you are young by your parents, is a hard one to get rid of.




I have had many years of therapy and have come a long way from that low self worth belief. I now believe differently, but was witness to how my life created itself from that old belief system. It was never true, but I believed it was, so that is how my life unfolded. My life matched my belief.



So if we believe positive and good things, that is what will happen. The key is that you truly must "believe" it. Saying it, does not mean you really believe it. When you really believe something, there is a feeling that exists that is much different from wanting it, or saying it. It is a knowing, a solid belief that it is so. That is when you can manifest whatever it is that you want in your life, when you actually believe it is so.





Begin to look at your beliefs. Are they holding you back, are they limiting and untrue? If your beliefs are negative, I would analyze them and understand why you think that way. Was it someone else who gave you a belief that was not true?




You can believe in whatever you want, and it is time to believe in your greatness, and true beauty. It is time to believe in your self! Believe in your dreams and you will have them. Believe in yourself, and you will succeed at anything you endeavor to do.



Till Tomorrow,
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment