About Me

I have been a teacher of fitness and health for thirty years. In 1989 I was certified for personal training with the National Acadamy of Sports Medicine. I had a gym in Santa Barbara for eight years. Co-owned and created a spinning bike company which manufactured bikes for five years. Also I have worked with nutrition companies for twenty years. Along with many wonderful non famous people I have trained many celebrities, and members of the Royal Family. My own athletic past consists of long distance running, long distance cycling, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, rollerblading, hiking, sand running, track work, and weight training. I have authored two fitness columns in local papers, and have been writing this blog since January 2010.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Its Back to School Already


I can't believe that it is back to school time already. This summer went by like a bullet, and homework is now a reality. I know that many of you are not happy that school is back in session, but it is a good time to make a commitment to doing your best.


Your future has much to do with your education if you are at all interested in having a career, or creating a life that has financial security. Without a good education in your resume, you will find it difficult to land the job or experience that you want. It used to be that having a high school diploma was enough to get a job and work your way up the ladder. Now it is necessary to have a bachelors degree to even get close to getting a job worth while.



There are thousands of college graduates that are waiting tables in restaurants, or bagging groceries at a store, who in this difficult economic time were not able to land a job with their degree. Yet it is still imperative to get an education that will open doors for you in your future.



Even if you are not interested in a standard four year college, there are trade schools, art colleges, culinary schools, and other colleges that offer alternative educations from your standard university's and standard college experience. Any college will take a look at how you did in high school, and that will be your criteria on getting into a college or school of your choice.



That is why it is important to take your schooling seriously. Even though your school work may seem like a drag to you, or you may not be interested in the subject, do your best at it so that you will have choices when you graduate.




Take time to study, make sure your homework is done, read your assignments, and focus while you are in class. School is not always fun, but that is not its purpose. It is where you learn, grow, and prepare for your adult life. If you blow it off and do poorly, I promise you, you will regret it later.





There is no time like the present to get committed about your future. I wish I could do a "do over" in my school years. I was busy with boys, party's, and what I was going to be doing after school, instead of focusing on my school work. Even though I got good grades, because school was easy for me, I did not apply myself like I could of. I do regret that. I could have done much more, and it might have changed my life for the better.




So commit yourself to your school work. Get your homework done. Study for your tests, and become a good student. You will always be better off for it. After all, it is about your future, and you want to be the best you can be. Focusing on your education will help you get that!




I will be back on the 7th of September. I am involved with another writing project that will be taking my time this week. See you next Tuesday. Till then, be healthy of body, mind, and spirit!




Till Tuesday
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment